Woop Woop

I just got Mrs. Turtle the soundtrack to "Welcome to Woop Woop", a very strange movie. It's about a guy who's kind of kidnapped by a bunch of eccentric weirdos in the Australian Outback. It was kind of a comedy, but it's probably a lot funnier if you're Australian. I saw it a few years ago and I don't remember it all that well, but I remember it being more strangely transfixing than good.

The soundtrack was another story. I made a note that Mrs. Turtle (Miss Turtle at the time) would like it, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Luckily, the magical internet has advanced to the point where soundtracks to obscure foreign films are only a click away.

Since the clan of crazies in the movie like to watch Rodgers and Hammerstein movies, many of the songs on the soundtrack are remakes of R&H songs. All of the songs are good, but my favorite is "There is Nothin' Like a Dame" by Reel Big Fish (South Pacific). "I Can't Say No" by Poe (Oklahoma) and "I Got You Babe" by Merril Bainbridge featuring Shaggy (Sonny and Cher) are also very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home