Cheap(er) plane tickets

Good to know:
I recently made a one-night trip from Houston to Chicago with very little notice. I managed to save almost $200 off of the lowest-price plane ticket by adding a hotel room at a Super 8 outside of Gary, IN, which I didn’t use.

A quick look at Travelocity shows me that it was no fluke- for brief trips with very little notice, it’s much cheaper to book a flight to Chicago if you book a room at a Super 8 at the same time. At the time that I originally wrote this post, Delta would sell a flight from Houston to Chicago for $616 without a hotel room, $340 with. If I needed to leave tomorrow, I could buy a ticket on American for $606 without a hotel room, or $350 with.


So the moral is: try booking a really cheap hotel room on the travel consolidation websites (Expedia, Travelocity) and you may save a lot of money.

Update: Fixed. See Comments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean Expedia, not Experian -- the former is a travel company, the latter a credit reporting agency.

7/30/2005 12:36 AM  
Blogger Mr. Turtle said...

Um... I meant to do that... Yeah, that's the ticket...

8/02/2005 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home