Legal Fiction

A great joke from Legal Fiction
"One day, the townspeople heard over the radio that a great flood was coming. The police warned everyone to evacuate. As they did, one man refused to do so. His neighbor asked, “What’s wrong with you, don’t you know the flood is coming?”

“Don’t worry,” the man replied, “the Lord’s gonna take care of me.”

As time went on, the waters started to rise and the man had to go upstairs in his house. A police boat came by and urged the man to get in.

“Don’t worry,” the man replied, “the Lord’s gonna take care of me.”

The waters continued to rise, and the man scurried upstairs to the attic. Again, a police boat came by and offered another chance to escape.

“Don’t worry,” the man replied, “the Lord’s gonna take care of me.”

Finally, the waters rose so high that the man had to climb out on the roof. A helicopter came by and pleaded with the man to get in.

“Don’t worry,” the man replied, “the Lord’s gonna take care of me.”

As it turned out, the man drowned and went to heaven. When he got there, he turned to God and said, “God, what happened? I thought you were going to take care of me.”

God replied, “You dummy, I sent you two boats and a helicopter.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home